SDCEA Election Center
SDCEA Board of Director Election Center
Participate in the Democratic Process and Shape the Future of your Cooperative
Three SDCEA board seats are up for election in 2023.
- One board seat from Rural Chaffee/Lake County is contested. Incumbent Joe Redetzke is running for the seat, challenged by Mark Boyle.
- The At-Large seat held by Michael Robinson is also contested. He is being challenged for election by Jeff Fiedler.
- Incumbent Blake Bennetts, town of Buena Vista representative, is running unopposed.
SDCEA Candidate Questionnaire – Joe Redetzke (PDF)
SDCEA Candidate Questionnaire – Mark Boyle (PDF)
SDCEA Candidate Questionnaire – Michael Robinson (PDF)
SDCEA Candidate Questionnaire – Jeff Fiedler (PDF)
Town of Buena Vista
Candidate Questionnaire – Blake Bennetts (unopposed and will not appear on the ballot) (PDF)
New This Year: Vote Online
In an effort to make the voting process more convenient and accessible for members, the SDCEA has implemented a new online voting system. Members can now cast their ballots from the comfort of their own homes, using any internet-connected device such as a computer, tablet, or smartphone using their browser or by to logging into their SmartHub account to cast their vote. The online voting platform from Survey and Ballot Systems is user-friendly and secure, ensuring that each member’s vote is counted accurately and confidentially. With this new system in place, SDCEA is committed to increasing member engagement and participation in the democratic process.
⚡️E Voters Tip! ⚡️
If you are casting your electronic ballot using your browser, and your envelope instructions don’t include a member number or election passcode, click the forgot my election passcode link.
If you have an email registered with the co-op, you’ll receive those numbers via email!
SDCEA Offers Members the Option to Vote Online or by Mail for Board of Directors
Starting May 1, ballots will be mailed out to all members of the cooperative with instructions on how to cast a ballot online or by mailing their vote in. Members and voting delegates with current email addresses on file with the cooperative will also receive an email with voting instructions. All ballots must be received by election company Survey & Ballot Systems, or cast online by 1 p.m., June 8 to ensure they are counted.
- SDCEA will sponsor board of director candidate forums from 5:30 – 7 p.m. May 4 in Howard at Howard Hall; May 8 in Westcliffe at the Wet Mountain Saddle Club; and May 16 in Buena Vista at the SDCEA Community Room in conjunction with the League of Women Voters organization. All candidates have been invited by SDCEA to attend these events. ￼
♦ PLEASE NOTE: Due to limited seating, the May 16 Candidate Forum with Co-Sponsor The League of Women Voters in Buena Vista requires pre-registration, link here.
- April 6: Nomination petitions, candidate biographies, and financial disclosure forms are due by 5pm.
- April 13: Date of Record.
- May 4, 8, and 16: SDCEA-sponsored board of director candidate forums will be held in Howard, Westcliffe, and Buena Vista, respectively, from 5:30 – 7 p.m.
- May 10 and 15: SDCEA listening sessions will be held from 6-8 p.m. in Howard and Westcliffe, respectively.
- June 8 at 1 p.m.: Ballot receipt at Survey & Ballot Systems or ballot cast online deadline.
- June 12: SDCEA Board of Directors Election
- June 15: SDCEA Annual Meeting
- June 15: Election Results will be announced at the Annual Meeting
The election will be completed on June 12; therefore, no voting activities will take place at the annual meeting.