Buena Vista High School Graduates received their scholarship awards during a ceremony in May 2022. On hand to present the awards were SDCEA board members Dan C. Daly (far left) and David Volpe (far right).
♦ Thank you for your interest in the SDCEA scholarship program. Deadline to submit your application for awards was 5 p.m. January 21, 2022 through our online portal.
2022 Scholarship Information
♦ Applications will only be accepted through our online portal.
♦ Deadline was: 5 p.m. Friday, January 21, 2022. Check back here this fall for information about applying for the 2023-24 school year.
In 2022, SDCEA will award one four-year scholarship at $2,000 per year (which is available to a graduating high school senior only) 12 $2,000 one-time scholarships. Industry associates may fund additional scholarships.
The application form below covers all of these available scholarships.
The scholarships may be used by any full-time student at any accredited two or four-year college, university or vocational/technical school and at any level of the student’s education.
To be eligible for these scholarships, the applicant must be a SDCEA Member or a Dependent of a member. Anyone with an active electric account in his or her name is considered a member. For scholarship purposes, the member must be a person, not a business or organization.
Scholarship applicants will be judged on grade point average, ACT/SAT tests, activities, goals, and need.
Past recipients are eligible to apply again.
Here’s what you need, prior to completing the application. You must have the following information finalized and saved as individual .pdf or high-resolution .jpg files to upload when prompted to do so.
- An estimated budget of expenses for the college or colleges in which you are interested in attending (tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies, personal expenses), as well as available funds (wages, parental support or other). Many schools provide a cost calculator on their website. If available, work through that calculator, take a screenshot or save the information as a .pdf to upload with your application.
- A copy of a recent academic transcript from your high school, college, university or trade school.
- If you are a current college freshman, you will need to submit a copy of your high school transcript, as well as a current college transcript.
- A copy of your college entrance examination scores (ACT and/or SAT) if the scores are not included on your transcript.
- A signed letter of reference from a teacher, counselor, school official or employer.
- A short essay, saved in a .pdf format, ready to upload, written by you, outlining your high school/college honors; school, work and community activities; goals and need. Once your essay is completed, then answer in 100 words or less, the following question: As an electric cooperative, what should SDCEA’s plans for a sustainable energy future include?
Lastly, we ask you provide:
- A recent high-resolution digital photograph, .jpg format, prepared to upload.
Once you have these items ready to include on the application, please allow at least one hour to complete the form online. The form cannot be saved as you work and returned to to complete at a later time.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Questions? Please contact:
Tracy Linza, Administrative Assistant III
Sangre de Cristo Electric Association, Inc.
Direct Line: (719) 395-4136