Thank you for your interest in the Sangre de Cristo Electric scholarship program. Deadline to submit your application for 2021 awards was 5 p.m. Jan. 29, 2021.
Please check back in late fall 2021 for information on 2022’s scholarship program.
2021 Scholarship Information
♦ Applications will only be accepted through our online portal (application link below).
In 2021, Sangre de Cristo Electric Association, Inc. will award one four-year scholarship at $2,000 per year (which is available to a graduating high school senior only) and 13 $2,000 one-time scholarships. Industry associates may fund additional scholarships.
The application form below covers all of these available scholarships.
The scholarships may be used by any full-time student at any accredited two or four-year college, university or vocational/technical school and at any level of the student’s education.
To be eligible for these scholarships, the applicant must be a Sangre de Cristo Electric Association Member or a Dependent of a member. Anyone with an active electric account in his or her name is considered a member. For scholarship purposes, the member must be a person, not a business or organization.
Scholarship applicants will be judged on grade point average, ACT/SAT tests, activities, goals, and need. One of the $2,000 scholarships may be awarded to the dependent of a Sangre de Cristo Electric employee or director.
Past recipients are eligible to apply again.
Applications will only be accepted through our online portal (application link below).
Here’s what you need, prior to completing the application. You must have the following information finalized and saved as individual .pdf or high-resolution .jpg files to upload when prompted to do so.
- An estimated budget of expenses for the college or colleges in which you are interested in attending (tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies, personal expenses), as well as available funds (wages, parental support or other). Many schools provide a cost calculator on their website. If available, work through that calculator, take a screenshot or save the information as a .pdf to upload with your application.
- A copy of a recent academic transcript from your high school, college, university or trade school.
- If you are a current college freshman, you will need to submit a copy of your high school transcript, as well as a current college transcript.
- A copy of your college entrance examination scores (ACT and/or SAT) if the scores are not included on your transcript.
- A signed letter of reference from a teacher, counselor, school official or employer.
- A short essay, saved in a .pdf format, ready to upload, written by you, outlining your:
- High school/college honors;
- School, work and community activities;
- Goals; and
Lastly, we ask you provide:
- A recent high-resolution digital photograph, .jpg format, prepared to upload.
Once you have these items ready to include on the application, please allow at least one hour to complete the form online. The form cannot be saved as you work and returned to to complete at a later time.
2021 Scholarship Application (Disabled until late Fall 2021 for 2022 awards)
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Scholarship applications must be received by 5 p.m. on Friday, January 29, 2021.
Questions? Please contact:
Tracy Linza, Administrative Assistant III
Sangre de Cristo Electric Association, Inc.
Direct Line: (719) 395-4136