- Resident of western Fremont County since 1982.
- Sangre de Cristo Electric Association board member since August 2017.
- Completed course work for Credentialed Cooperative Director and Board Leadership Certificate through NRECA (national electric co-op association).
- Graduate of University of Northern Colorado, BA English; Western State College, MA School Administration.
- Fremont RE-3 teacher, counselor, coach, principal, and superintendent. Responsible for 375 students. Led 50+ employees. Managed $4 million budget.
- Regional coordinator (student teachers) for Western State Colorado University.
- Served on Sunwest Credit Union Advisory Board, Pueblo Community College-Fremont Campus Advisory Board, CDE Commissioner’s Superintendent Advisory Council, Colorado On Line Board, Chair Southern Colorado Superintendent’s Association.
Tommy G. Flower
- Grew up in a farming and ranching family with five brothers. Had extensive backgrounds in showing horses and livestock, as well as dryland wheat production in eastern Colorado.
- Graduated from high school from Idalia. Received an associate arts degree from Northeastern Junior College in Sterling and a Bachelor of Science degree in agriculture education from Colorado State University. Awarded a Masters of Education degree in technology in education from Leslie University.
- Started agriculture education teaching career in Otis in 1976 and finished teaching career in 2011 after teaching in Custer County for 23 years. Taught agriculture education for a total of 27 years.
- Farmed, ranched and worked as a mine superintendent in Nevada and Utah, and managed two cutting horse ranches in Westcliffe and Idaho.
- In November 2017, elected as the County Commissioner for District 3 in Custer County to fulfill a three-year term. Current term will expire December 31, 2020 and plans to run for the office for two more 4-year terms following the end of this term.
“ I will bring a well-rounded education and work experience to the board of directors and I can represent the members of Sangre de Cristo Electric Association in a productive and positive manner. I am excited about the opportunity to serve as a board member on what I believe is one of the most professionally-run organizations that I have dealt with.”