Low/Moderate Income Residential Appliance Rebates
Rebate amounts are applied to your bill as a credit within 60-90 days of processing.
Please submit your rebate request via the online form below.
Energy Star Appliance Credit Amounts
- $20/unit for dishwashers
- $30/unit, full size refrigerators or freezers
- $60/unit for refrigerator or freezer recycling
- $30/unit for clothes dryers (electric only)
- $90/unit for heat pump clothes dryer (vent-less)
- $40/unit for front load clothes washing machine
- $30/unit top load clothes washing machine
- Must be low to moderate income
- Must upload supporting agency documentation of low to moderate income
- Equipment shall be electric only and listed as Energy Star® rated. Not all new appliances are Energy Star rated. Please verify your appliance is eligible for this program. A complete list of qualified equipment is available here
- A copy of the receipt is required. An itemized sales receipt that shows the date of purchase, source of purchase, model number and proof of payment must be attached.
- Appliances must be electric and full-sized.
- If requesting an additional rebate for a recycled appliance in conjunction with a new purchase, proof of recycle or haul-away must be included. (Note: Item must have been decommissioned to be eligible.)
- Credits cannot exceed the actual cost of the equipment for which credit is requested.
- Applies only to equipment that is purchased by an SDCEA member or by the owner of a property that obtains electric service from SDCEA.
- Credit must be requested within 90 days of purchase.
- Applicants must be current on their electric bill.
- Installation must be in SDCEA’s service area.
- Clothes Dryer electric
- Dish Washers
- Clothes Dryer Heat Pump Ventless