Power of Change Program
Participate in SDCEA’s Power of Change program!
An easy way for you to help those in need.
By agreeing to “round up” your electric bills to the next dollar, you can work together with other Sangre de Cristo Electric Association (SDCEA) members to change lives.
- For example, a monthly bill of $52.74 rounds up to $53.
- The extra 26 cents are placed in an account, along with the pennies rounded up by all other participating members.
- Consumers who sign up to participate will notice their electric bills include a line item showing the amount that has been “rounded up.”
- All donations are tax deductible, and every January and February a summary of yearly contributions will be included on each participating consumer’s bill.
How Are the Funds Used?
Funds raised by the Power of Change Program are added to funds allocated by SDCEA to the Community Grant Program.
- Organizations in Chaffee, Fremont, Custer and Lake counties are eligible to apply for funding from the Community Grant Program.
- Funds are disbursed to organizations for charitable purposes such as food, clothing, shelter and health needs.
- Power of Change funds may not be used for political purposes or to pay your electric bill. Power of Change extends our commitment to the people and the communities that make up our cooperative. It’s a way for a few cents to make lots of sense.