Matching Grant Program
If you are a member or employee of Sangre de Cristo Electric Association, Inc., when you support charitable, civic and educational organizations through financial contributions, SDCEA will match your donation, based on the criteria outlined below, to qualifying organizations.
Matching Grants are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis from a pool of funds established annually by the SDCEA Board of Directors and administered through Sangre de Cristo Electric Operation RoundUp® Association. The SDCEA Board of Directors reserves the right to suspend, amend or terminate the grants program at any time without notice. Sangre de Cristo Electric Association, Inc. and Operation RoundUp® do not support organizations that engage in discriminatory practices.
To receive a Matching Grant for an organization you support:
• Donations must come from a member or employee of SDCEA. Any accounts or status associated with the member or employee must be in good standing.
• Donations must be made to:
- A non-profit organization providing services in Chaffee, Custer, Fremont, Lake or Saguache counties.
- An accredited, non-profit educational institution nationwide. Matching grants may not be used to offset tuition or other school expenses.
- Donations that do not specifically meet the above criteria may receive a matching grant with approval by the Chief Executive Officer.
• Donations must be in the form of cash, check, credit or debit. Gifts of in-kind, dues, membership fees and pledges will not be matched.
• Donations will be matched in an amount not less than $25 and not more than $200 in aggregate, per membership per calendar year.
• Donations will be matched in an amount not more than $1,000 in aggregate per qualifying organization, per calendar year.
To apply for matching funds, please click here.