Participate in Operation RoundUp
An easy way for you to help those in need
By agreeing to “round up” their electric bills to the next dollar, you can work together with other members to change lives.
- For example, a monthly bill of $52.74 would be rounded up to $53.00.
- The extra 26 cents would be placed in an account administered by the Operation RoundUp Association Board of Directors (the board), along with the pennies rounded up by all other participating members.
- Members who have signed up to participate will notice their electric bills include a line item showing the amount that has been “rounded up.”
- All donations are tax deductible, and every January and February a summary of yearly contributions will be included on each participating member’s bill.
How are the funds used?
- At the board’s discretion, funds are disbursed to organizations for food, clothing, shelter, health needs, and education.
- Operation RoundUp funds may not be used for political purposes or to pay your electric bill.
Need Help? Apply for Operation RoundUp Assistance
Operation RoundUp now meets on a quarterly basis. You may submit an application at any time, but for your information and planning, the next meeting to consider funding requests will be July 31, 2019. Please submit your application by July 24, 2019 for consideration at that meeting.
Operation RoundUp Board Members
- John Kester of Twin Lakes represents Lake County
- Ruth Amster represents Chaffee County
- Linda Andersen represents the Town of Buena Vista
- Debbie Adams represents Custer County
- Ron Meyers represents Fremont County
- Suzy Kelly represents our Board of Directors
- Paul Erickson, CEO, Sangre de Cristo Electric Assn., Inc.
Operation RoundUp extends our commitment to the people and the communities that make up our cooperative.
It’s a way for a few cents to make lots of sense.
If you haven’t already signed up to contribute, contact us at (719) 395-2412 or toll-free at (844) 395-2412, or by email email@example.com with “Operation RoundUp” in the subject line.