Residential Appliance Rebates
Rebate amounts are applied to your bill as credit within 60-90 days of processing.
Please submit your rebate request via the online form below.
Electric Appliances and Recycling
Eligible new appliances include clothes dryers and induction cooktops.
- Clothes dryers must be Energy Star® certified.
- Induction cooktops must have minimum surface width of 30 inches to qualify.
Eligible appliance recycling includes refrigerators and freezers, maximum 2 units per year per member account.
- $30/electric resistance clothes dryer
- $90/ electric heat-pump clothes dryer (a.k.a. ventless)
- $60/ refrigerator or freezer recycle (max $120 per member account per year)
- $350/induction cooktop in new construction
- $350/induction cooktop replacing propane or natural gas (requires photo of old cooktop)
- $100/induction cooktop replacing electric
- Equipment shall be electric only and listed as Energy Star rated. Not all new appliances are Energy Star rated. Please verify your appliance is eligible for this program. A complete list of qualified equipment is available here.
- A copy of the receipt is required. An itemized sales receipt that shows the date of purchase, source of purchase, model number and proof of payment must be attached.
- Appliances must be electric and full-sized.
- If requesting an additional rebate for a recycled appliance in conjunction with a new purchase, proof of recycle or haul-away must be included. (Note: Item must have been decommissioned to be eligible.)
- Credits are available to all end-use member classes.
- Credits cannot exceed the actual cost of the equipment for which credit is requested.
- Applies only to equipment that is purchased by an SDCEA member or by the owner of a property that obtains electric service from SDCEA.
- Credit must be requested within 90 days of purchase.
- Applicants must be current on their electric bill.
- Installation must be in SDCEA’s service area.