Rebate amounts are applied to your bill as credit within 60-90 days of processing.
Please submit your rebate request via the online form below.
Energy Star Appliance Credit Amounts
- $30/Unit Full-size Refrigerator or Freezer
- $60/Unit Full-size Refrigerator or Freezer with Recycling
- $40 Clothes Washer Front load
- $30 Clothes Washer Top load
- $30 Clothes Dryer (electric only)
- $90 Ventless Heat Pump Dryer
- $100 Induction Cooktop replacing electric cooktop
- $350 induction cooktop replacing propane/natural gas or new construction
- Equipment shall be electric only and listed as Energy Star rated. Not all new appliances are Energy Star rated. Please verify your appliance is eligible for this program. A complete list of qualified equipment is available here.
- A copy of the receipt is required. An itemized sales receipt that shows the date of purchase, source of purchase, model number and proof of payment must be attached.
- Appliances must be electric and full-sized.
- In order to receive rebates for a washing machine you must have an electric hot water heater. If you fill out the online form below, you will attest that you have a hot water heater on the form. If you intend to mail in your information, sign and submit an Electric Water Heating Energy Star Rebate Program Requirement Form (PDF).
- If requesting an additional rebate for a recycled appliance in conjunction with a new purchase, proof of recycle or haul-away must be included. (Note: Item must have been decommissioned to be eligible.)
- Credits are available to all end-use member classes.
- Credits cannot exceed the actual cost of the equipment for which credit is requested.
- Applies only to equipment that is purchased by an SDCEA member or by the owner of a property that obtains electric service from SDCEA.
- Credit must be requested within 90 days of purchase.
- Applicants must be current on their electric bill.
- Installation must be in SDCEA’s service area.