Electric Hot Water Rebate
- Applies to new electric water heaters, 30 gallon minimum.
- Installation must be in SDCEA service area.
- Credit must be requested within 90 days of installation.
- Applicants must be current on their electric bill.
- Credits cannot exceed the actual cost of the equipment for which credit is requested.
- On-demand hot water heaters are not eligible for this program.
Water Heating Credit Amounts
Electric resistance units must meet one of the following:
- $50/unit replacing propane or natural gas
- $50/unit demand-response capable or member-managed
- $30/unit new construction
- $350/unit for air source heat pump units